Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things...

So I think I did a list of 5 quirks a while back. So here is a more 'in-depth' version of that list.

1 - I love regular Coke and do NOT like Pepsi.

2 - I am secretly nervous when I make coffee at home for Dave and me because the way he makes it is SO good!

3 - I really like picking out work supplies! Pens, notepads, clips, staplers, all of it!

4 - I have worn the same makeup since high school. No eye make up other than mascara and concealer. I really need some help with this! ;-)

5 - I am extremely hard on shoes! I have no idea and I wish I knew how not to be.

6 - 4 websites I check every morning: www.people.com, www.msnbc.com, www.usmagazine.com, www.foxnews.com

7 - Some of my favorite down time: In the airport right before you can board, but once you have gone through security. There is really nothing you can do but wait, get a good gossip magazine, maybe a snack.

8 - I am trying to incorporate more color in to my wardrobe. My uniform of black, gray and white is getting old.

9 - Do you spell gray/grey for the color? I prefer 'a'.

10 - People who know me best know I don't really like to dance in front of others unless there is a big crowded dance floor. Learning "Single Ladies" at someone's house - SUPER hard for me.

11 - I am secretly pumped about my new laptop in Pennsylvania because it has a finger scan to logon. No, you don't have to use it, but do I? Of course.

12 - My sweet friend, Lucia, at work told me about riding the Duquesne Incline. She said that sold her on Pittsburgh because it is a fabulous view of all the rivers coming together. I am hoping Dave and I can ride it before we leave this trip! http://incline.pghfree.net/

13 - Dave and I counted 31 Pittsburgh Steeler jerseys being donned by fans in the Pittsburgh Airport yesterday. Go Steelers! Although, we did opt out of the parade today.

14 - Natural gas work in Pennsylvania is complicated for me because they have the state, counties, cities, municipalities, townships and boroughs. What?!

15 - I love glassware and dishes to a fault. I get this from Lindsey! ;-)

16 - My mom's mom, Mimi, and I share the same birthday.

17 - I adore babies, but my heart literally skips a beat when I think about having my own. Pretty sure I just need a little more time with Dave.

18 - I love that one of the policies of the Pittsburgh office dress code includes - no open toed shoes without a pedicure.

19 - I could eat sushi and pizza 7 days a week - but not together.

20 - I will never get out of bed at the time I intend to, ever.

21 - I get really nervous when I have to make phone calls for work. Not really sure why - guess I am afraid I will come across dumb.

22 - It slightly bothers Dave that I love to watch Snapped when we go to bed at night. For those of you who don't know, that is a show about real women who have killed their husbands.

23 - I really like for all shower curtains to be drawn and Dave prefers them open.

24 - I will only order a grande or venti sized coffee from Starbucks and will NEVER drink more than a tall would allow for. (David fed me that one over my shoulder).

25 - I am off to look at the apartment (for the first time!) David picked out for us to live in and to sign the papers to rent it.

Will tag people soon!

6 comments:

The Allen's said...

#22 about watching "snapped" made me laugh outloud ... twice.

Unknown said...

#17 and #23 are exactly things I do or agree with... Loved having 5 years w/ Jerry before kids and I can't stand when the shower curtain is pulled. =) Thanks for the sweet comments on the nursery... I can't wait for you to see it, too!! =)

Katy Tomlinson said...

I totally agree with you on the shower curtain, I have to keep it closed and Geoff constantly keeps it open. :) I hope you have fun looking at and signing the papers for the apartment!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Elizabeth said...

I love your list...and can't believe that you guys are up there in the freezing weather! :) Can't wait to see pics of the apartment!

Lindsey said...

the shower curtain cracks me up...it's those kind of things that you can't possibly know before getting married and having a BOY as a roomie. :) love and miss you sweet friend!

Jenae said...

I am completely with you on:

# 15 (Glassware) - I was obsessed with shopping and registering for it when we got married

#19 (Sushi & pizza) - we actually went to Edohana this past Tuesday - missed you :(

#22 (Snapped) - Beau was very frightened by my study on this subject...but it's interesting!!

#23 (Shower Curtain) - I am in a constant battle w/ Beau on this. Luckily he showers in the guest bedroom now so I only have to deal with it when I go in there. I've never said anything to him though. I just close it. The funny thing is, now that we don't share a bathroom, he'll actually hang up his towel. When we shared a bathroom, he never would.

#24 (Starbucks) I will NEVER order a tall. A tall is a waste of a trip.