Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dutch's ~ Goodbye for Now!

Last Wednesday (before the movers arrived Thursday morning), our sweet friend, Lindsey, organized a 'Goodbye for Now' dinner at Dutch's. It was SO fun and a much needed break from the stress of moving. It was a great way to see everyone before we left Fort Worth. Thank you so much Lindsey for making it such a special evening! It meant more than you will ever know!


This is me and Lindsey. She was my very first friend when I moved to Fort Worth ~ our vice prinicpal had her give me a tour of our middle school. I spent the night at her house the first weekend I was in Fort Worth in 7th grade. I will never forget that night - we did the elephant walk with her entire family out Main Street (as to not get separated). ;-) We have had some wonderful times over the years!

She and some of our other girlfriends came up with the neatest gift idea. They bought the cutest coffee table book called This is Texas. It talks about all the different cities/places in Texas. She brought pens so everyone that came to Dutch's could sign in the book. Such a thoughtful idea and a sweet reminder of all the people we love back in Texas. I cannot wait to proudly display it in our Pittsburgh apartment!

We had a great time hanging out with our friends that night. Here are some fun pictures:

This is Brooks, Aaron, Brett, Marianne, Dave, Me and Dan. These are some of Dave's best friends. They are sweet enough to let me and Marianne run around with them every now and then. ;-)
Here are some of my best friends: Kathleen, Brooke, Spencer and Whitney

My mom, me, Marianne and Lindsey.
The Wards, Bensons and Blackewells.

Miller and me

Some siblings: Mike, Marianne, Dave, me, Chad and Brett
More family: Dad, Kim, me, Lexie, Karol and Marianne
Kathy, Brooke (pre-Rowan), Grant, Lindsey and Cassie
Brooke, me and Kathleen
Some of my favorite girls!
Dave and his guys
My mom and Lindsey's mom, Sheri
Us and the McMillans
Ed and Haddy
Darrick, Carrie, Grant and Brooke
Shannon, Lindsey and Kathy
We had a great time with you all! We miss you already!! Thanks so much again for a wonderful time Lindsey!

2 comments:

Haddy said...

We had so much fun....and I am so sad because I completely forgot to sign the book!!! Not sure how I let that happen, but I will make it up to you.

Lindsey said...

it was a fun night! we are missing you so much already! can't wait to see you and your hubby in 2 wks!