Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Celebrations Part 2

Following up on the earlier post, Brooke is another one of my best friends.

Brooke and I also go all the way back to 7th grade. I so wish I had some pictures of Brooke, Kristen and myself then. I remember one in particular where Miller and I were wearing rugby shirts (probably from Harolds or Limited Too) and I believe Brooke was in a plaid - dark green, navy of course. Ha - I am going to have to look for that.

Anyway, like Kristen, Brooke and I have had several fun-filled years of friendship! In high school, we worked together at Mama's Pizza. She actually called my parents when I got arrested for selling alcohol to a minor there - which was later expunged and completely ridiculous for those of you just know hearing about this story. But she is that kind of friend. We decided to be roommates freshmen year at Texas Tech and that went so well, we decided to do it for the next 3 years. She is the perfect roommate and an amazing friend. Some words I would use to describe her: cool, laid back, trendy, responsible, smart, selfless. Oh and a fabulous cook!

Brooke has had big reasons to celebrate lately! She and her husband, Grant just had a baby girl. Sweet Rowan came into the world on February 16, 2009. It is killing me I haven't gotten to snuggle with her yet! Just 2 more weeks!! She is absolutely precious! I love these hands crossed.

Prior to her arrival, we had several celebratory showers! It was so special to see your friend take on the role of motherhood and prepare over those 9 months. She did it so gracefully! Here are some fun pics:


The decorations were so cute and the food was delicious!


Her mom made her a special frame with several family heirlooms. It was beautiful!


Thought these decorations were so cool!

We are so excited for your family!

No comments: