Thursday, February 5, 2009

brrr...

Every day this week, it has snowed in Pittsburgh. I like snow - its pretty, not particularly fond of the temperature of snow...basically, to me, snow is okay. So far, it has stayed in the 30s, so the temperature hasn't been terrible. In fact, I think Dave's friends from Kansas said it was 8 degrees in KC. Insane. I must also applaud the keeper of the roads up here. There is so much snow on the ground, but nothing (no ice, no snow, hardly any water) on the roads. They have this cold weather thing down to a fine art. They have snow plows, chemicals, etc. Very impressive.

I overhead another Texan up here talking yesterday: "It is not that people in Texas don't know how to drive on ice - NO one can! Its just that people up north have an entire state department managing their roads." Interesting point I thought...although I know my Kansas friends and family will laugh at that statement.

Today, we wake up and I can barely breath it is so stinking cold! I am thoroughly confused as the sun is out and beautiful! I have yet to see the sun here until today actually. I get to work and on my computer, the temperature reads 0 degrees, feels like - 10 degrees. I honestly thought my computer was not properly connecting to the internet. Seriously? We are now at 7 degrees, feeling like - 3 degrees. So is that the choice? Warmer (and I say that loosely) with gray, overcast skies or 'no one should ever have to experience' freezing weather with a gorgeous sunny, clear sky? Hmm...I'm debating.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

glad there is sun but hopefully it will helpl it warm up soon!!! do you have a space heater at your desk?