Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Practice Round

This year, we celebrated Thanksgiving with Dave's family in Wichita. We had SO much fun!! I must admit, I was quite nervous because everyone in Dave's family prepares a dish for the Thanksgiving dinner. Now, I have helped my mom cook before, but never have I really prepared dishes on my own without her help!

Thankfully, our friends Brooks and Maggie decided we should do a preThanksgiving dinner at their home on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It was so fun to celebrate with friends and practice our dishes!!

Dave was responsible for the turkey and I was responsible for sweet potatoes and green bean bundles. Dave did an AMAZING job! The turkey looked (and tasted) awesome! He used his dad's recipe which included stuffing it with apples, celery and onions. I think a little rosemary on the outside too! I borrowed my mom/sister's recipe for the green bean bundles and Lindsey's (bff) for the sweet potatoes. It all turned out yummy!
The results:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

okay, that looks delicious! that turkey is perfectly golden brown!!