Tuesday, April 1, 2008

mr. 405

Okay, well I start this post in kind of a somber mood. I wanted to give fun updates on this blog, but I find myself completely consumed with curiosity, sadness and a little fear.

At around 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon, David came by to say hi before a meeting downtown. (I was working from home yesterday). When he came in the door, he asked if I had seen the cops, men in suits and security guys on my floor. He said there was a Crime Scene truck out front with several cop cars. I had not seen any of this. He said he thought someone had probable died because everyone was speaking very softly in the hall. Yikes!

So we went out there and Dave asked them if everything was okay - to which the men quietly said, 'everything is fine, everything is fine.' So we went back inside my apt. Dave left and then came back after work. I left to go to Target and when I came back, the men were still there (7 pm) and the door to Apt 405 was cracked. (I live in 403). As I went to unlock my door, I heard what sounded like something rolling...and my curiosity got the best of me, I looked up to see a body bag on a stretcher being rolled out of 405 towards the elevator. It was the most unsettling feeling I have ever had.

I decided not to stay the night in my apartment and when I got home this morning to meet Patricia (my cleaning lady), everything seemed normal. Until just now, Patricia called me when she left because the parking lot attendant told her someone was killed there yesterday! okay super yikes!! I have since called my apartment management and am waiting for them to return my call.

Some thoughts: Who was mr. 405? I have seen him in the hall and garage several times...seems to be a man in his 30s or early 40s. Other than that, I know nothing. What happened to mr. 405? In an age where we see so much violence, drugs and depression - my mind can only wonder. Or perhaps he was very ill. Who does know mr. 405? Where are his family and friends? Why did I have to be Miss 403?

As my mind continues to wonder, I continuously pray for mr. 405, his family and friends and the people investigating his death. It was quite obvious to me yesterday that the crime scene unit is not an area for me. I am shaken up by a quick glance and these people see it daily. I hope you will pray for mr. 405 and them too!

Will hopefully be able to update this...

1 comment:

The Allen's said...

kristen. whoah, talk about a wake up call, on a number of fronts. i'm learning as i start to get a little bit older that i'm suddenly not shielded and protected from the death, violence and sin that constantly surrounds us. we'll say a prayer both for you and for the family of mr. 405.