Sunday, February 14, 2010

Instead of packing, I have been....

For Christmas, we do an exchange on Dave's side of the family. It is perfect because the girls get to gift each other and the guys do the same - making it much easier on everyone! So each year, Julie, my sister-in-law, and I exchange. I have been wanting to start reading more, but didn't really have anything specific in mind. Julie is an avid reader - so this year, I decided to hit her up for some of her favorites. She gave me a couple of books by Karen Kingsbury. One is the first book from the Redemption series.


Oh my (to borrow from Julie's son's vocabulary)! These books have me hooked! Thank you Julie!! I usually never read and I can't put these books down! Dave has seen me leave in the evening to walk down to the bookstore to pick up the next one. I am in the fifth/last book of this series and thankfully there are more series with these characters.

They are defined as Christian fiction and to be honest, I wasn't sure what that entailed. But from reading 4 so far, I find them so encouraging and relational. The book centers around one large family and sometimes reminds me of my own. At any given time, different members of the family are dealing with real, raw situations in life. I find them fascinating how they handle those situations, sometimes seeking after the Lord, sometimes not and the results of that. I am honestly not wanting to read anymore for fear I will actually finish them!

So if you are looking for something good to start, I would recommend them to anyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you have liked them as I much as I do! =) Hugs to you!

The Allen's said...

just wait till you read the whole series. they just keep getting better and better, if you can imagine that! i have to admit, it was a sad day for me when i ran out of books. lucky for you though, she is coming out with 2 more this summer! just in the nick of time!