Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Old House, New House

David and I are coming up on 1 year in PA! Crazy - we can hardly believe it. We have shared more laughs and tears than I ever thought possible. We have come to really rely on each other for the important things (something everyone said we would cherish upon moving away). Its true!

Still, there is not a day that goes by where I don't think about my family - I think about them a lot, when my girlfriends back home would be having their next pajamas and pancake nights, Monday night dinners with Brett, Aaron and Dan. I miss it all so much!

And yet, I am so thankful for the friends, our PA family, that we have made. We love our church and small group - they keep us laughing and encouraged weekly. Our jobs have been such a blessing and our coworkers make the experience all the more fun. We have met other amazing friends thru work relationships and junior league. We can definitely look back and see God's hand in our move.

So as that one year mark approached, David and I decided we should look into finding a new place to live. We love our current apartment, but could probably use a little more space. :)

Here is what where we have been the last year:

It has been a good little loft. You can see the front door just leads down a hallway of closets, guest bath & study into this open area. Our bedroom overlooks the living area from above.


This is the living room.


Our guest bathroom.


The kitchen.


Our apartment was in kind of a work, eat, play location. It was really fun if we wanted to go to dinner or a movie, but we didn't feel like it was very convenient other than that. So we started to look and last week just happened to stumble upon this:

Our new home for 2010.


In PA, duplexes are often on top of each other instead of side by side. So, we will have the second floor and a very cute young family (wife from Houston :)) will have the bottom.

Here is living room and sunroom - another favorite thing of mine about houses in PA - a lot of them have sunrooms. I have never had one - but I envision lots of time curled up on the couch there begging for some Vitamin D.


The balcony


Master bedroom


Ha! Crazy bathroom. I immediately thought of my two friends named Lindsey and Lindsay. I knew they would know exactly how to decorate in here. I'm thinking lots of white!


Here is the kitchen - I am thinking about changing the hardware if they will let me. Any thoughts on that?


This sink is kind of fun - two diamonds together. I have never seen anything like it. This door is really cool because it goes to the basement of the house where we will have our own storage/laundry.

There is also a door from one of the bedrooms that opens up to this set of stairs. It sounds silly, but I like the secret doors.

So we have a big month ahead of us getting things packed and moved. We are really excited about this next adventure. Oh and any thoughts on decorating you might have would be greatly appreciated!!

5 comments:

Brooke McWhirter said...

Cannot believe it has already been a year since the time at Fortuna that you broke the news to us. I am so happy that yall are happy and I love the new place! It looks so spacious and good thing you got the 2nd level! I think glass hardware would be cute, but that is what I have so I am partial ;-). Love you guys so much and MISS you! Cant wait to see you in almost a month. G and I are going to have to come visit once you are settled!

Larkin Ade McMillan said...

Hi Kristen,
Thinking of y'all and this post hit home. I love your new home. Enjoy it! Hope to see you soon! Always think of you on flights. Love y'all and miss y'all

The Allen's said...

love love love it!!! i can totally picture you guys having friends over to hang out in this place. great curb appeal too!!! i know you will do an awesome job decorating. i cant' wait to see post pics and the cozy home you'll make it into.

Katy Tomlinson said...

So exciting on the new place!! It's really cute and you will do great in the decorating department. So glad you and Dave are having a great time, it's amazing how close you become to your spouse when it's just the two of you and such a wonderful experience. Totally understand that feeling.

Good luck in the move and please let us know of the new address.

Kathy said...

Congrats on the new place! It looks so great. Glad to hear things are going well.