Sunday, November 15, 2009

October Birthdays

Dave and I both share October birthdays. He is the 13th and I am the 17th. So for 4 days, we are the same age...then I reclaim my status of the older one. This year was really fun as we celebrated for what seemed like a couple of weeks. There are several people at work that also have October birthdays ~ so we started off the celebrations with a birthday night at the Cheesecake Factory. It was really fun & we walked away with gifts...the most hilarious gifts at that. I received a leopard print Snuggie and Dave got a blue one!!

Then, for Dave's real birthday we decided to cook at home. I tried making candied pecans for the first time and Dave grilled steaks. The pecans were super easy and definitely a fun addition to our salad. Dave's steaks were awesome. Our friend, Lorenzo taught us to sear them first on the stove and then cook them slowly on the grill - delicious!


On Saturday morning, we decided to try a new breakfast restaurant called Deluca's in the Strip District. I believe it has been on one of the food shows ~ Man v. Food, maybe?! Anyway, really yummy and kind of reminds me of the Paris Coffee Shop in FW. Dave had a great omelet and I tried the crepes.

We continued our week of eating at a neighborhood BYOB restaurant. Jen and Jon have been recommending this place for a while ~ right down the street from us and fun, intimate atmosphere. It is called Cafe Du Jour and was the perfect place to end our birthday celebrations.


It was such a fun week and I look forward to sharing more birthday weeks with the October babies in the future!


2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Glad you had fun celebrating your b-days!

I also love that you said that candied pecans are easy. I LOVE candied pecans in my salad and now I'll try it myself at home!

Lindsey said...

fun! i love all the celebrations...just wish we could have been there to celebrate as well! i love you libra people!! :) i am thrilled to see you next week...i could just bust!