Monday, May 18, 2009

I love the rain!

So usually I am not a rainy day fan unless I am able to stay home on the couch watching the tv, falling in and out of sleep. After moving to Pittsburgh, I have a whole new appreciation for rain. These are some pics of how the scene has changed since we have been here. I don't have any to capture the first couple weeks which was basically snow & no sun.

Then we got to this point in late March...some sun, mostly brown but the evergreens.



Just made for some depressing drives to work...


Then came the rain!! I mean boatloads (to take a quote from my nephew Grayson) of rain! Look how pretty it is getting! The hills are covered in gorgeous shades of green. I can't wait for this summer and the fall when we start to see reds, oranges and yellows in the mix!



This is the business park we work in - called Southpointe. It is basically just huge office buildings built in the hills with a golf course all throughout.


This new place I call home is really starting to win me over ;-)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

all of that green! so pretty!

Haddy said...

Don't let it win you over too much!! But enjoy your new life there...I miss you!

Larkin Ade McMillan said...

Hi,
I am so glad you are enjoying it but we do miss you. Sorry, I have been out of town. The move went great, still unpacking..we need more furniture but are enjoying the new house and space.
Love your pictures. Let us know when y'all head this way, we would love to grab a drink and I have lots of you know who stories